We are seeking a skilled and visionary Architectural Design Manager to join our design team managing major international projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting, understanding, and advising the client as to the requirements and his/her obligations in the development of a building design.
- Encouraging and inspiring design consultants to produce their best work using their full flair, experience, resources, and talents in a cost-effective way.
- Managing the design process using his/her commercial, contractual, programme/time awareness and technical expertise.
- Ensuring the design process recognises current legislation, standards, and codes of practice, where appropriate.
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with project timescales.
- Striving to eliminate health and safety risks in the design and financial risks during construction.
- Remote working can be facilitated for suitably qualified candidates.
You will need a minimum of 10-15 years experience as a Registered Architect with at least 3 of those in a management or supervisory role. RIAI registration is essential. The ideal candidate will:
- Have native or bilingual-level English proficiency.
- Possess strong leadership abilities, exceptional design acumen, and a deep understanding of architectural principles and practices.
- Have a proven ability to lead and manage a team of architects and designers effectively. The candidate should possess excellent communication, delegation, and problem-solving skills.
- Have experience in managing multiple architectural design projects simultaneously, including budgeting, scheduling, and resource allocation, with a keen eye for detail, ensuring projects are completed within deadlines and budget constraints.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with clients, sub consultants, contractors, and other stakeholders, and be adept at presenting design proposals and resolving conflicts to achieve consensus.
- Possess exceptional client management skills including the ability to understand and interpret client needs, provide design recommendations, and ensure client satisfaction throughout the project life cycle.
A Waterford based busy practice with a large portfolio of varied projects both small and large is looking for an experienced Register Architect to join the team. We provide full architectural and project management services from inception to post-construction stages, for a diverse client base. Our practice can also form distinct teams that integrate into design team partnerships or sub-consultancy roles. Find out more
As a successful candidate you will have a chance to develop your skills in a company that has an excellent track record. If you are interested, please forward your CV and links to your portfolio by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.